New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Maid] Take a left at the milky way (IC)

Some time ago, each of you received a letter. It has been reproduced as the following.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many years ago, a drunk driver crashed into some redneck town in New Mexico. The next day, a hung-over alien tried to phone home. While he made it back easily, the damage was done and humanity discovered aliens existed. The government tried to cover it all up, but the cover-up only brought attention to the very real aliens who now believed that Earth was a prime vacation spot. One of these aliens was my sister who, since she was a frequent visitor, was quite sick of having to hide her identity. So she parked her ship on the White House lawn and demanded that alien life be recognized. The American government didn’t really have a choice; her ship alone was enough to vaporize the country several times over. So, after giving it five seconds of thought, America surrendered. This wasn’t exactly what we wanted, but it was good enough for a peace treaty. Some years later, Earth joined the United Alliance of Planets. This was something we invented five minutes after the surrender. So there are only really two members of the federation. What we want is for the federation to grow. That’s where you guys come in. You’re going to be helping us fly our ships and meet new and exotic civilizations. Try not to get killed.

Signed,
    Sub-Chairman Nagi
    U.A.P. Governing Council
    Recruitment Division

The Sirius Celestus, a.k.a. The Cloud Lizard, is one of the first ambassador-class nest ships. About the size of 16 city blocks and over forty stories tall, Sirius Celestus has everything that its small staff could ever need, as its design allowed for new rooms to be created from scratch with no effort at all. In fact, half of the rooms were unfinished and needed a purpose.

You are sitting at a table in the ship’s bridge. At the head is Sub-Chairman Nagi, an albino humanoid alien with white hair and red eyes.

"It’s good to see all of you, but since we’re still in the Sol System, feel free to hang out. See ya." Nagi leaves the room and the maids are free to do whatever they wish. It makes you wonder why he bothered to call a meeting in the first place.

OOC:
    So do whatever you want. Also, creating random new rooms is actually justified in this campaign. Nagi isn't the only master here, you'll see the others later. Nobody has a room yet. It's your first job to design one for yourself.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-28 at 08:50 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MAID] Take a left at the milky way (IC)

Shizune

Shizune nods a lot as Nagi talks. When he left, Shizune continued chewing on her gum, making a bubble with it, and having it explode in her face. She dragged it back into her mouth with her tongue and began chewing again. She grabbed the backpack which she had left at the side of her seat and stood up, her short brown bangs bouncing slightly.

She begins walking around, opening each door she finds until she comes upon one she can use for her room.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Scraps

Rule Brittania! Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm...
    Scraps mumbles as she gets to work polishing the sciencey doohickeys and buffing the thingamabobs. She doesn't know the words, which is odd, because judging by her ridiculous accent she must be from some British colony.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Fangirl

She runs up to Shizune and starts pulling on her clothing.

"I am your biggest fan. Tell me more about yourself. I am dying to know."

Fangirl jumps up and down holding onto Shizune's clothing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune watched as her Sunday-Relaxin' sweats were pulled by a little girl. Thoughts rushed through her head. I have a fangirl? I don't think she knows me, but sweet!

She let the fangirl bounce up and down. She looked down at the girl, ready to entertain. "Hi! Always good to meet a fan. What do you want to know!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Fangirl

"First, what is you favorite thing? Second, why did you come here?"

Fangirl pulls out a notebook and a fuzzy pen. She is ready to take notes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune's mouth and eyes open so wide, you'd think they would explode. The fangirl was just like her from 6 years ago! Only all of those actors wer jerks and wouldn't answer her questions.

She chewed her bubblegum a bit more. "Wellll, My favorite thing is stuff. I really like TV, though. Anybody who thinks that anything animated is only for kids is a moron."

"And I came here 'cause aliens are cool."
    She waited for her fangirl to copy down her notes

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Fangirl

Fangirl quickly jots down notes about all this. Then she looks up her face lit up.

"OOoooo aliens I love aliens! I totally came for them too! We are exactly the same. You are the best. I want to ask you more later, but I have to absorb this for now. I am soooo excited."

Fangirl jumps away blowing kisses.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

"'Kay! Bai!" She waves vigorously as her fangirl runs off to wherever. After she is out of light, she continues her hunt for a room, in a happy mood. I wonder which of my roles she recognized me from?

Eventually, she reached another door and opened it.

OOC: What do the rooms look like before the characters begin to customize, and how do you get stuff into them?
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-22 at 11:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    They just look like empty brown rooms with hazard logos on them. They can change size instantly and fill themselves up with any unclaimed appliances on command. However, they have to be activated from the outside. Activating them from the inside could possibly lead to squishing.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune sees the empty room and steps out of it.

"They said that these rooms made themselves. I wonder if it's true?" Shizune focuses on the closed door. "Room, put a poster of the cast of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on one of the walls."

Shizune walks into the room, to find that it had done just that. "Oh. Ehm. GEE!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"GaoGaiGar is better, you know."

A man is standing behind Shizune and holding a sword. He has spiked grey hair, green shades, pointy teeth, and a red trenchcoat over a starship pilot's suit.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-22 at 11:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Fangirl

As she walked away she shook her head. This person probably wouldn't know anything. She would try again later though. She would always try again. She found a room and requested a trampoline in the middle, training dummies that look like stuffed animals, a fluffy bed with a hidden compartment and many other special items. She started to jump on the trampoline.

"I could get used to this."

Fangirl does a flip.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune is obviously offended. She begins to turn around to face the clearly confused speaker. "What the hell are you-"

She gets a good look at who it was that lied to her. Cool Hair, Cool Shades, Cool Teeth, and a sword. And maybe a cosplayer. Her jaw dropped open, and her eyes widened. "Woah... do I know you from somewhere?"

OOC: I'm contemplating whether or not to use Chance Meeting. How old is this guy?
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-22 at 11:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm the ship's combat coordinator. You can call me Shinobu. A mecha training arena is in sector 6-H. You can usually find me there."

OOC:
    He is an alien, so older than you think he is. He looks like he is in his early twenties.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

"Shinobu..." She repeated the name slowly, and tried to absorb the situation around her.

Five minutes here, already a fangirl and mecha...

I've died and gone to heaven.

A small smile appears on her agape mouth. "Mecha... training... ground...?" If this was true, this would definitely be the best day of her life.

"Really?" She was looking up at him, on an expression hard to explain, her eyes in admiration and aspiration, but her mouth in a skeptical smile.
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-23 at 07:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"U-um..." Hikari watches as Nagi leaves, and everyone ese seems to leave her alone. Oh, well. Tha's how it usually went, anyway...

The young gir wanders out of the briefing room, looking about herself in ather obvious awe. A spaceship! Wow! Her parents had always talked about spaceships and stuff, but she'd never imagined that she'd ever get to actually live on one!

She looks about for some room to call her own.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #18

'Scraps

Scraps is still walking around the ship, whistling all the way, spinning her keys around her finger.

OOC: Is it okay if my character isn't new to this ship? How long has the ship been in service?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Miranda

After the group meeting, Miranda headed to one of the empty room compartments, and entered her requests into the room panel, humming contentedly to herself. When the door panel opened, the room had plan functional decor, a dresser, a desk, a cough, and a hammock suspended above the floor for sleeping in. "Fantastic!" she said, clapping her hands.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Shizune's room

"Yeah, people need practice. I'll see you there after you get situated."

Shinobu sheaths his sword and turns to leave.

"Good to meet you, Miss... I'm sorry, but I didn't catch your name."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-23 at 10:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

And so it was true. My life is officially anime.

Her skeptical smile turned into pure happiness. "You'll see me there? That means...we get to use them!?"

She grabs Shinobu's hand with one of hers and begins shaking furiously. "Thank you so much! I'm Shizune! Shizune Suzuki! Thank You!"

Usually, she would act tentatively around strangers. But this man was her commander, seemed to watch enough television, andwas ffering her a chance to use a mecha. a real mecha!
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-23 at 03:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Shizune's room

"I can take you there if you'd like. But please, stop shaking my hand. It's starting to go numb."

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

"Yes, sir! Sorry, sir!" Shizune lets go of his hand, but the shaking motion lingers for a few seconds afterwards.

She bows. "Sorry!' She then realizes that she is wearing Sunday-Relaxin'® Sweats, and that bowing looked much less impressive than in a school uniform or a maid outfit.

"Definitely! Please teach me!"
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-23 at 04:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Shizune's room

"Follow me."
    Shinobu leaves the room and begins walking towards the mecha training room.

"What you and the other humans have to learn is that our technology isn't like your own.* It's mostly composed of amorphous materials, more like the liquid metal from Terminator 2. It responds to neural impulses transmitted through a small chip implanted in the back of your head. As such, we can create anything that we can imagine and program, including mecha."

"Before you get your hopes up, keep in mind a few things. The training ground isn't big enough for a full battle until we finish the rest of the ship and can shift stuff around, so you're going to have to spend most of your time in the Sim Pods. The mechs we're training with are disarmed, but you can still seriously hurt someone with them. If you do so, you will be jettisoned into space. That clear?"

Shinobu stops in front of a set of large sliding metal double-doors, like the kind you would see in a Roger Moore or Sean Connery film.

OOC:
    *Exposition here!
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-23 at 04:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune looks up and admires the door. She nods, absorbing the episode one exposition necessary to the viewers. "I think I do. Your technology is awesome, but is dangerous."

She looks back to Shinobu. "So, I'm a bit confused. What exactly is our duty on this ship?

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy Squirrel
    Thank you, Mr. Exposition!
    Last edited by Verlaufen; 2009-06-23 at 04:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Mecha Training Room

"Your duty is to help maintain the ship, entertain any guests, and act as ambassadors towards whichever advanced species we encounter. The good news is the first few are friendly, if a bit dull. The next couple, you guys will need some training."

Shinobu opens the doors and inside are dozens of mechs, lined up side-by-side.

"Have fun looking around."

Shizune can recognize Arm Slaves for Full Metal Panic, Gainers from King Overman Gainer, Mobile Suits from Gundam, Armors from Gun X Sword, an Aestivalis from Martian Successor Nadesico, and a number she can't recognize.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-26 at 08:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

27. - Top - End - #27

Scraps

Scraps is busy polishing one of the mecha when Shinobu and Shizune walk in.

'ey 'bu. 'oo's the new bloke? Scraps has shortened Shinobu's name to one syllable, something that she usually does.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizune

Shizune completely ignores Scraps. She instead walks slowly into the center of the room, arms outstretched. Once in the center, she makes sure that her cat ears are on straight, and begins spinning around in whatever direction. "WHEEE!"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Mecha Training Room

"The crazy spinning girl is Shizune, one of the new employees. How are you holding up, there? And is the L-12 back in one piece?"

OOC:
    You can design the L-12, if you want.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-06-23 at 05:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

30. - Top - End - #30

Scraps

Everythin's fine, don't worry boss. Nuff said, yeah? Scraps says while grinning, putting the cloth back into her pocket.

She seems a little 'n all jumpy, yeah? She says, turning to Shizune.