New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [BleachitP Reborn] Episode 1: "Prologue! A new tale, a new Shinigami!"

[Theme music]

After school ends, Fushichou high seems quiet, but bustles with activity. It's a monday afternoon and cool breeze rustles the trees as the book club discusses the latest novel they read and the other clubs do... other clubby stuff.

But the kendo club breaks the silence for hours in their dojo on a remote side of school. After practicing, the sweaty teenagers clean up and leave for home, where they will grudgingly finish their homework.

And above all this, a mysterious figure watches the sun cross the horizon from a tall building nearby.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 02:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachitP Reborn] Episode 1: "Prologue! A new tale, a new Shinigami!"

One of those students is, at the moment, quite weary. "Ahhh... it's going to be good to get home tonight, even if I do have homework to do... that was a good session."

Izumi waves to the other students, as she comes out of the change rooms. "See you tomorrow, I'm heading home."

As they wave back, and say their goodbyes, she heads off, walking back towards her home and family...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [BleachitP Reborn] Episode 1: "Prologue! A new tale, a new Shinigami!"

"Wait up!" says Shiro, one of Izumi's clubmates rushes towards her quickly. [COLOR="Green]"Lemme walk you home, Izumi-chan!"[/COLOR] he says and smiles. No way am I letting you alone with her! You might try to do something weird to her Shiro. Eiko says as she pops out from behind. "Hey, that's not fair! I would never do anything to Izumi-chan!"

----

The figure atop the roofs is clad in black robes, adorned with an ornate blade. He takes a device from his robes and broods, "Damnit. Where is it? It says it should be right here..."
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 01:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Well, it's good to have some company on the walk, Shiro-kun, Eiko-chan.

What did you think of that session?"

Her hair floats in the breeze a little. "I thought it was a pretty hard session... but a good one."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #5

"Man, there's nothing like kendo to make you all sore though. But the pain is a sign of good training!" Shiro shouts as he does a manly fistpump, "And after I've trained hard enough, I'll become Japan's number one Kendoka!" Eiko pointedly reminds him, "But Shiro-kun, you can't even beat Izumi..." Shiro hangs his head in shame in response, and says nothing more.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Don't worry, Shiro-kun. I'm probably not going to go into official competitions, so you don't have to worry about me defeating you. Besides, work hard at it, and you'll get better..."

She smiles.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #7

The black clad figure leans over the edge of the building to spot the trio walking by. Izumi might be able to see him looming over them. Damnit, show up already...
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 01:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi pauses, and frowns. "...can you see that?"

She sounds... worried.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9

"See what?" Eiko asks, as she turns her head the same direction as Izumi. "I don't see it, where is it Izumi-chan? she asks. Shiro says, "Hey Izumi-chan, I'm not seein' it either. Mind pointing it out?"

----

The black figure stares at the trio, one of them tilts her head towards him. What's she looking at? he turns to look around him and sees nothing out of the ordinary. The other two turn to look at him now. He steps back off of the edge, and out of sight "Could she have- nah, there's no way."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns. "...it's gone now...

Maybe I was just jumpy for some reason."

She chuckles. "I must really need rest if I'm seeing things."

But inside... she had this feeling she wasn't- or rather... what she was seeing was real.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11

"What's gone?" Eiko asked. Shiro interrupted, "Nothing, Eiko, probably just a trick of the light or something. There wasn't anything there."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, it must have been.

If you really want to know, it looked like a person dressed in black standing on the roof. But it doesn't seem like there was anything there..."

Izumi chuckles. "Must have just been seeing things."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

A great lumbering shadow walks through the darkness, its footsteps creating visible imprints on the ground. Its feet barely visible to the human eye, a mere shimmer in the air. Around it a sense of despair and sorrow hovers. It turns its head suddenly. The scent was close. Its path has changed. Now it approaches the girl directly.

The black figure's device begins to bleep annoyingly.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns, looking around. "Okay, now I must be hearing things, too."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-13 at 06:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #15

CRASH something was making a disturbance only about a hundred feet from his position. The device in his palm started flipping out. "What...?" the man, more of a boy, was sweating already. "Damnit! How did I miss it!?" Finally realizing the beast's destination, he knew he wouldn't have much time. He unsheathed his blade and flew soundlessly to the target. Hopefully he'd be able to stab it in the head and leave with a clean kill before it noticed him.

----

Shiro looked concerned and asked, "Why would you say-- ...?" Shiro's eyes were wide now. He couldn't fathom why, but a sense of dread locked him in place, speechless.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 06:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's eyes widen as she sees the figure, flying. "What the...

Shiro? Shiro, what's wrong?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

As the black figure approaches, he will quickly realize that the creature he hoped to kill quickly would not be going down so easily.

The massive creature stands at least three times the height of any normal human being. Incredibly large and stump-like legs held its body aloft, its head nestled directly at the center. Two long, draping arms grow from its sides, each with a large hand at its end. As it notices the approaching foe, it screams directly at him. With its legs still propelling it forward, the strange creature focuses its eyes on its new prey. Its left arm moves backwards and swings in a windmill-like fashion, coming down above the figure.

The sounds of battle should be easily audible to anyone with the sense to detect them.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's looks at the battle. "What? What's going on here?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19

Eiko stumbles backwards and falls opposite the direction they were walking. Nothing is making any sense, but she can feel the danger coming from up ahead.

Shiro, trying to keep himself from trembling responds as his eyes remain lost and fixated on the empty street ahead of him. There! Footprints! A loud crash follows and dust clouds drift as the corner of the building is turned to rubble. How does that happen? "I-Izumi, we should run."

----

The beast's arm collided with the figure before he could bring his blade down to bear. He crashed into the base of the building he leaped from. "Damnit... this is not my day." He gets back up, bleeding, and raises his blade above his head, "Come at me then!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi sighs, and looks at the others. "You two go, I'll be okay..." I hope.

And then, she makes a decision. She runs...

towards the fight. What are they, anyway? I mean, they might be ghosts... but I've never seen ghosts like that before!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #21

"Izumi!" Shiro shouts, trying to grab her by the hand before she got out of reach. It was futile, but that didn't stop him from following after her. "Shiro-kun! Izumi-chan! What are you doing?!" she cried, paralyzed with fear. "Don't worry about us, just get outta here! I've got to protect Izumi!"

----

The figure cursed as he picked up a girl running towards him in his peripherals. He changed stances then leaped again towards the creature's head aiming to sever it. "Stupid kids." he murmurs to himself.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 06:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

(It less has a head and more a face. Which is in the center of its chest.)

The beast screams once more. It raises its arms upwards, revealing its face. Upon it a white mask lie tribal markings of all kinds, forming the image of some kind of wolf.

A great right arm swings downward at the black figure's previous place. Meanwhile, the beast turns to face the three students, snorting slightly at them. Its presence should be enough to make any of weaker spiritual energy feel great dread.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-13 at 06:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks at Shiro. "I... can't just stand by, watch and do nothing!"

In her voice, there's an undertone of frustration.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Watch what?" he asks. Just then, the fear seemed more real, and a chilling roar rang his eardrums. Now he had no will to move, far too paralyzed by fear to do so or even speak. Just wide eyes and the sense that it could all be over soon.

----

Alright, he'd landed a hit. But it was too shallow. He needed to drive his blade through the creature's mask quick, or he'd be done. Vaguely hearing the girl's speech, he looked at her again and realized that she was looking at the battle. He was right, she had seen him. But how could that be? Very few mortals could see spirits, much less kids their age. Regardless, he had to get them away from the demon. "Kid! Get the hell outta here!" He realized now that his attention could have been better spent looking at the beast's arms rather than looking at the girl.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

In the moment that he turns, the beast swings its left arm sideways in the direction of the black figure. The wound at the top of its chest where most creatures have a head bleeds, but the black liquid does nothing to stop the attacks. In fact, the creature seems to be fighting even more desperately now, as if it realized it was in danger.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's eyes widen. "WATCH OUT!"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #27

Thinking fast, the black figure points his sword outward to the hand that would club him in less than a moment. He'd still get swept aside, possibly mortally wounded, but at least he'd have injured it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

The hand keeps moving, impaling itself on the sword but slamming the black figure into a nearby building. A horrible scream pierces the sky as the beast experiences the pain of having a sword in its hand. It swings its arm around in another windmill motion, swinging it in one full circle before swinging it sideways at its foe in an attempt to dislodge him and his sword from the hand.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-05-13 at 07:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi steps back. "...Shiro. Get out of here. You can't see it, but I can, so maybe I can dodge what it's doing... or something."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #30

The robed boy grits his teeth as he takes the whirlwind of a ride and then flies free as his blade rips from flesh. And he falls to the ground near the girl. He wipes the blood from his mouth as he stands. His world gets hazy, but he has to keep focused. Regardless, he talks to himself out loud rather than the girl, "Come on I just need to scare it off..." Drawing on his last dregs, he raises his palm aiming it at the creature's mask. "Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south! Hadō 31, Shakkahō!" A burst a flame surges toward the beast's mask after he finishes the incantation.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-13 at 07:23 PM.