View Single Post

Thread: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

1. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Since your set of armor talks about it being heavier than mountain plate and lacks any central armor, I would indeed add a set of armor, probably Battle Plate.
    I'll probably go with plain old full plate or possibly Heavy Plate. I am designing this primarily to fit Walufar, where battle plate represents Gothic Plate and other types of plate mail of that era, while plate mail indicates the earliest forms of full plate and heavy plate as something in between. The idea is that hobgoblins, while more advanced than most human civilisations, are not quite on par with dwarves when it comes to metalcrafting.

Also, it should be noted that there is an evil version of bless weapon already, Corrupt Weapon, which is a blackguard spell.
    Thank you. Does anyone happen to know if a lawful variant exists as well?

Finally, the Monster Rider Saddle seems...a bit confusing with directional concealment, given D&D did away with most directional effects in the conversion from 3.0 to 3.5. Especially with the lack of facing, it seems like a rules mess waiting to happen. I'd reflavor and make the concealment omnidirectional and think up a new collection benefit where the Saddle is concerned.
    Hmm... I might just have the basic amount of concealment be halved (10% miss chance) which would rise to proper concealment when the partial set bonus is active.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2011-06-03 at 05:39 AM.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.