Miriam is taken back by the monk's perceptiveness. "Well... Sir ... Father .... Mister ... Arden .... Well yes a little. Well, a lot actually. See, I am a simple person, a cleric of St. Cuthbert who knows little and owns nothing by choice. However, I always knew I was free and not owned by anything. I have immigrated to your country and I must join one of the organizations to be a lawful citizen but in order to do that, I must be branded, showing that I am now owned. I will do what it required by the law but the idea of being owned and branded make me very uncomfortable. I have no mark on my body other than what St. Cuthbert decided to give me. You seem like a simple wise man and I know from Father Renyi that you took a Vow of Poverty like me. You are a wise man. How do you cope being branded and owned? And how do you reconcile your vow of poverty with the luxurious environment you live in?"

She stops and takes a step back. "I hope I did not offend you, Sir ... Father .. Mister Arden. I am just really curious about the issue." She takes another step back and does a little bow to the monk.