Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
Red Aegis "A millennia-spanning, strategic tabletop roleplaying game from industry award-winning designers Brian R. James and Matt James."

Brian James is the guy who compiled a fan timeline of the entire Forgotten Realms and got it published by WoTC (The Grand History of the Realms). Both of them have many other D&D credits and I'm really interested to see how this game shakes out.

I'm probably not going to pledge though.

The SAGE level pledge ($75) is the first pledge level that gets you a hard copy of the Core rulebook. There's a lower level pledge ($20) that gets you a hard copy of the Players Guide but those who want the full rules to the game have got to put out at least $75, plus shipping (an extra $34 outside the U.S.)

I really want to support them but I can't justify spending 75+ on a Core rulebook and I'm not interested in just getting the Players Guide because I actually want to run the game.

Everyone has different gaming budgets though, so if it won't hurt your wallet then definitely pledge...and then leave a comment on the KS asking for lower prices.
This was one of the biggest struggles we had to work with prior to going forward with the project. Our margins are already paper-thin when considering writing, editing, and art. Trust me when I say we don't want to charge more than we have to. One way we plan to mitigate this is to pile on stretch-goal benefits that will close that gap. We're a week in and about to reach funding. One reached, we can focus on making that kind of investment more worth while. My goal is to make that $75 level packed full of additional product and services. If funding continues to grow, you'll see the hard-cover version make it's way to lower level tiers.