Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
This was one of the biggest struggles we had to work with prior to going forward with the project. Our margins are already paper-thin when considering writing, editing, and art. Trust me when I say we don't want to charge more than we have to. One way we plan to mitigate this is to pile on stretch-goal benefits that will close that gap. We're a week in and about to reach funding. One reached, we can focus on making that kind of investment more worth while. My goal is to make that $75 level packed full of additional product and services. If funding continues to grow, you'll see the hard-cover version make it's way to lower level tiers.
Welcome to the Jungle Playground Matt. Always nice to have game designers come here and talk about their stuff.

I figured that the high cost was one of necessity rather than greed, no worries there. What kind of additional products would be offered at the SAGE level with the stretch goals? I'm primarily interested in other physical books; even if just one other hard copy is added (players guide, adventure, etc) that would be enough to help justify the $75 cost. Two books for that amount is still expensive but they'd be new products and I expect a certain amount of price inflation due to the nature of kickstarter (need the capital to make the product in the first place).