View Single Post

Thread: Currently Recruiting Players

1. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

This is my first attempt to start a PBP here. Please be gentle!

The Duke’s Riders

This is an introductory PBP that will bring adventurers through the classic RQ boxed set Borderlands, using Moon Design’s Gloranthan Classics – Borderlands and Beyond. PCs will be mercenaries in the service of Duke Raus of Rone, an exiled nobleman from the Lunar Redlands who is establishing a new holding in the fertile Zola Fel river valley, downstream from the fabled ruin city of Pavis, on the edge of the harsh chapparl of the plains of Prax. This classic RuneQuest setting is meant as an introduction to Greg Stafford’s world of Glorantha.

System: RuneQuest 6th Edition by the Design Mechanism
    Player Count: 6-8
    Style of Play: Campaign adventure path
    Allowed Content:

• Cults of Glorantha for Mongoose RQ 2 (optional)
    • Other applicable Glorantha 3rd age material

... and any other applicable content. Great resources are Sartar, Kingdom of Heroes and Pavis, Gateway to Adventure by Moon Design. While not specifically RQ6 products, they are great for anyone wanting to learn more about Prax and Dragon Pass. The Moon Design website at Glorantha.com is also a great resource. But all you really need is access to the RQ6 rules.

Character Creation: Standard 80 point buy and beginning PC creation as detailed in RQ6. Characters should be conceivably able to be present in the area of Pavis/The Zola Fel river valley/Prax. Praxian Animal Nomads, Sartarites, and the like will have the easiest time of things, but anyone from any corner of Glorantha could be a PC.

Backstory: PCs are mercenaries in the service of Duke Raus of Rone. As such, PCs need to have decent weapon skills but can otherwise be anyone who would see mercenary service on the frontier of Prax in the service of a transplanted foreign duke who has nominal loyalty to the Lunar Empire.
    Experience: Standard beginning PCs as per RQ 6

Wealth: As per RQ 6 standard character creation

Ability Scores: Point buy, 80 points, as per RQ6

Hitpoints/Health: As per RQ 6. For ease of play, we won’t be using hit locations, as this is my first PBP at this site.

Alignment: PCs can be either any local religion, but I urge players to work together so that their cults won’t be at odds (ie, Storm Tribe vs Lunar Pantheon.)

Other Notes: Instead of RQ6 Folk Magic, I will be using Common Magic from the Legend Core Rules, as that most closely emulates the Chaosium RQ 2nd edition feel I want. PCs will start with the standard 6 points of magnitude worth of common magic, and all PCs get the Common Magic skill (POW+CHA base) with a +30% bonus due the magical nature of Glorantha.

PC Theists and Sorcerers are fine – Sorcerers will either be Malkioni from the west (Seshnela, Ralios, etc),Lunar Sorcerers, Carmanians or Malkioni from the Holy Country, or perhaps Esvulari Henotheists. At this time, mystics are off limits to PCs, but PCs may be able to learn mysticism by joining various practices during game play. Examples include Lunar mysticism, uncovering secrets of the Empire of the Wyrm’s Friends, and so on.

If I am doing the format wrong or otherwise comiting a faux pax, please, let me know.
    Last edited by Kaiu Keiichi; 2013-11-18 at 05:33 PM.