Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
"Because." At this Mithril looked at Natalia tight lipped. She had been about to say that he had been tortured, but not with her in the room. "Because he has a family, because he surrendered and wants to live. My family back across the ocean has no idea if I live or where I am, but my greatest hope is to return one day. I know he is the enemy, but if a dwarf was captured would you not want them returned alive? Should you not prove yourself better than those you call your enemies?"
"Can't say I have any interest in proving myself to you," Marcos states matter-of-factly, while continuing to scratch his beard as tenaciously as if it were filled with termites.

"But I am interested in your, ehh, moral philosophy. First you wanted him to live, now you're talking about him getting set free, going home. That drow and his crew killed six dwarves last night. If they'd gone through with their scheme they'd have killed four hundred and fifty more, through deaths of slow starvation. Maybe they set murderers free where you come from. Can't say it'll catch on here."