Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
Well, the main thing that comes to mind, is that it'd be much easier to follow the transcripts if speaker names stood out. Like....

Spoiler
Show
Strip 151: Learning Experience
Elan, Haley, Male Human Bandit, Female Human Bandit, Halfling Bandit

Elan: Hey, look, some kids standing in the path.
Male Human Bandit: Um, surprise! We're, um, bandits, come to rob you of your most valuable possession.
Female Human Bandit: Hand it over.
Halfling Bandit: Uh, what they said.
Haley: Was that supposed to be an ambush?
Elan: That was just lame.
Haley: More sad, really.
Male Human Bandit: Hey, I worked hard on this ambush!
Haley: Listen, you look like a nice enough kid. What are you, 3rd level?
Male Human Bandit: 2nd, miss.
Haley: 2nd level, wow, I remember how it is when you're new. Everything is kobolds and copper pieces, and you get excited over a Potion of Barkskin. Good times. But let me tell you, we've been through a lot of ambushes, by some very professional monsters, and yours--well, it just doesn't measure up.
Male Human Bandit: I was afraid of that...
Haley: So in the interest of helping out the next generation of thieves, I'm going to offer you a few pointers.
Male Human Bandit: Oh! Fantastic, miss. Yes, any advice you could give me would be most appreciated.
Haley: OK, well, here's my #1 tip for archers, learned from years of adventuring. Never allow yourself to be led into the middle of the enemy's melee warriors.
<sfx> bonk!
Male Human Bandit: <sfx> ow!
<sfx> thunk!
Male Human Bandit: <sfx> OWW!
Female Human Bandit: You gotta admit, it was a good tip.
Halfling Bandit: Ask her if she has any advice on running away.
Thank you for the transcription! Will you be doing more? *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

I tend to agree that making the names stand out might be adventageous, but it also might limit our character count a bit more, which is a concern. Anyone else have any input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by DaggerPen View Post
And we've launched at last! It looks fantastic! I'll get you the stuff I'm still on the hook for within a day or two now that the forums are back up.

I think the current format sounds good. My main concern is simply with the character limit, something that has been my foe throughout our various PMs, so anything that lets us work around that is fine by me, and I think the proposed system works great.
We have! I should have PM'd you a warning, but it seems you found us just fine! Are you still up for doing the small chunk we discussed, or should I put that back out for available transcription?

Anything in the transcription format seem silly or needless? Missing?