View Single Post

Thread: Rules Questions

1. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rules Questions

The combat is your attack value against their defence value. If you win you kill them. If they win then nothing happens. The only risk you take is possibly wasting your action and having to flip the shtick, you don't risk taking a wound.

What I'd like to know about area effects is if you can target monsters in more than one room. Lets say V has a boosted fireball that targets four monsters and there are two rooms of two monsters within range. In our games we have assumed that V targets a room rather than stacked targets.

Also turn undead is an area effect, when you use it do you need to find the highest att/def value in the monster stack or the highest att/def value of undead in the stack? If it's just the undead is Xykon included when attempting to remove his zombie support?

Use of this area effect ceases combat? Even if there was only one undead targeted?

Side story... When trying to rectify the invincible Xykon scenario (which has only happened once in many many games (he got to 66att/def)) we tried that but then decided to hold out for an "I forgot they could do that" which led to "I rest, I flip What would Thor do, I rest again", which was a funny combo. Durkon had a huge number of screw this cards and only lost because a player got lucky with drawing a new battle hand.
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2006-12-31 at 06:18 AM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.