View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony Races for D&D 5e

1. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: My Little Pony Races for D&D 5e

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I feel that Telekinesis is a bit too strong to represent the Unicorn's ability. To be able to lift 1000 pounds at 1st level is a pretty significant advantage, and the only unicorns we see that lift that much are Twilight and Rarity. Mage Hand may be much weaker, but it still has a lot of utility with it's 10 pound capacity and it is at will too. The way I see it, Rarity took levels in a spellcasting class to get the Telekinesis spell in order to do her fancy tricks of lifting all that stuff.
    I'm not saying they need to have the 5th-level Telekinesis spell from the book. That's a very high level ability, and a very inflexible one at that. You can't really make a character that specializes in telekinesis if it's limited to mage Hand and a 5th-level spell.

I mean Unicorns should have *some* form of telekinesis that's more flexible than just Mage Hand. For example, "You can interact with objects and creatures you can see from up to 30 feet away, and can substitute Intelligence (Charisma?) for Strength-based ability checks (and weapon attacks?)."
    Last edited by Strill; 2015-08-26 at 03:55 AM.