Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
Rhenner stops at the temple door and looks up in their general direction. He stands in place for a moment before starting to walk towards them. "Studying the wall", he says, it is more of a statement than a question. His gaze wanders up the wall and to Natalia and back to the wall again, without really focusing on either of them. It stops at Lander though, and is joined by a thoughtful frown. Rhenner studies the elf for a moment, then lets out a resigning sigh, "I'm almost certain that I should know who you are, and it would probably be better to politely pretend that I do. And yet I'm going to honestly but rudely admit that I don't. I apologise for that and ask if you could first kindly tell me that and then promise not to tell Alder about this. Or mother."
Lander sighs. "Ah, Alder had said you were back... it was some time ago that we met. You missed my wedding," he adds, not appearing to take it personally, "but Kraiyah did say she had written you about it. It's Lander." He reaches out his hand in greeting. "One of Girard's sons."

Spoiler
Show

Important note to CWater: I now realized I've added a stepfather to Rhenner that wasn't in our original PM communications. I think it fits with the setting so I hope it's all right.

I'm naming Rhenner's (elvish) stepfather Girard; he married Elynwena not long after Rhenner's father died, 7 years ago. Rhenner has met them, but not since Girard married his mother.

If anything is inconsistent about Rhenner's enormous family tree, write it off to the party's memory