Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
Natalia nods, running a hand along the wood and stone again. "It good, but...wood burns. If had ice magic, then could make magic traps, fire to frost. Or water magic, quench flames."
"Right, of course", Rhenner replies in a distant voice.

Now Natalia turns to look at Rhenner. The glazed look on his face is even more obvious up close. Her brows furrow in concern. "This Lander. Remember? You...said me his name." She leans in and whispers to Rhenner, "You...okay?"
Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Lander sighs. "Ah, Alder had said you were back... it was some time ago that we met. You missed my wedding," he adds, not appearing to take it personally, "but Kraiyah did say she had written you about it. It's Lander." He reaches out his hand in greeting. "One of Girard's sons."

Spoiler
Show

Important note to CWater: I now realized I've added a stepfather to Rhenner that wasn't in our original PM communications. I think it fits with the setting so I hope it's all right.

I'm naming Rhenner's (elvish) stepfather Girard; he married Elynwena not long after Rhenner's father died, 7 years ago. Rhenner has met them, but not since Girard married his mother.

If anything is inconsistent about Rhenner's enormous family tree, write it off to the party's memory
"Alright, you're Lander. Sorry it's been...", he stops and rubbs his forehead, "a while. Sorry about the wedding too, afraid your's wasn't the only one I missed. Not that that would better my case exactly. Since you mention Kraiyah writing me- she's not here too, is she? -I assume that I didn't write back home then. I think I would have...", he tries to remember, but can't fish out this piece of information from the sea of memories, and in the end just shrugs, "Perhaps, I didn't. Do you mind if I ask when it was?" He finds it increasingly hard to focus on the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
Lander, Kraiyah, Girard, dozens of siblings and step siblings and adopted siblings...Natalia raises a hand and asks with some sheepishness, "Is there...family tree drawn?"

Spoiler
Show
for all of our sakes?

Also, lander was born before his father married rhenners mother, right?
"I'm not sure anyone was ever mad enough to try." Rhenner shakes his head, then presses a thumb to his forehead and squints his eyes as if he had a major headache. "Sorry. I don't think I'm really up for chatting. I need to find some... peace of mind."