Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
It takes Aerin only a second to decide to go with her instincts; if she winds up looking paranoid, it's not like she truly cares. "Get out of sight," she says in a quick, low voice. Then she darts around a corner, still carrying the elf, sets him down carefully, and draws her sword.

Spoiler
Show

She'll try to get to somewhere where an invisible person where she thinks the voice was coming from doesn't have line of sight to her or the elf. I have no real clue how many of the actions I described her taking can be done in one round. It turns out that it's much less annoying when I'm a player and I make the DM figure out things like that than when I'm the DM and a player makes me figure out things like that.
Spoiler: OOC
Show
Aerin's movement takes up most if her turn, so she's still carrying the elf and hasn't yet drawn her sword at the start of her next turn. Putting the elf down carefully is a move action (if he were unconscious or otherwise immobilized it would be a full-round action) though she can drop him as a free action.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
Eglantine looked at the orc curiously, but trusted her judgement. She followed her, drawing her axe from the strap on her back. "Can't we just run to the temple? I am going to be late back to work."
Aerin runs to the nearest street corner and turns right to another small alley. The elven noble, who by now had resigned to the fate of being carried, demands loudly what is the meaning of this. Alerted by Aerin's warning, Eglantine and Alexander follow them a few steps behind.

They haven't gone far this way, when a roar breaks the silence of the street and a large lion whose mane emits an orange glow appears in the crossroads and charges after the running party, leaping to bite and claw at the closest unlucky person.

Spoiler: Charge attack
Show
If this roll is 1 it targets Eggy, if 2 it's Alexander: (1d2)[2]

Charging lion full-attacks.

Claw1: (1d20+7)[27]
Damage: (1d4+5)[7]

Claw2: (1d20+7)[18]
Damage: (1d4+5)[9]

Bite: (1d20+2)[9]
Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
If this hits, roll opposed grapple check please.

Rake1: (1d20+7)[17]
Damage: (1d4+2)[3]

Rake2: (1d20+7)[22]
Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

A second lion runs into view, but the first effectively blocks the alley preventing it from following. It is a fair guess that had they remained on the other street, they would have been surrounded by the two beasts. Alas, now the other can only roar.

A few shrieks of horror and hurried footsteps can be heard against the background of muffled noises from the rest of the city.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Party's turn.

Map later today.

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
Rowan breathes a sigh of relief. "That's up to you. I'm sure Brother Gregor could hold a letter if you really need to get back right away. But it might get messy and confusing if the High Cleric has more questions and you've already left. Like I said though, it's up to you."
I... I don't know", the half-elf looks distressed. Suddenly Brother Gregor lifts his head, but it's not the younger priest that finally got his attention. Gregor frowns and turns his head around as if he's sensing something in the air. "Someone has disturbed the peace of the temple grounds", he says in a grumpy tone, "Rowan, do find out what it is about, will you? If it's that baker's boy and his rascal friends pranking by disturbing the wards again, I swear I shall see to it that they spend a week in the room of Tranquility..."