Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
Aw, poor foreigners - whatever shall we do to amuse ourselves in the meantime?

On an unrelated note - welcome back! You were greatly missed!

--
ION: Mom's up visiting for the weekend, so that's been nice. We went on a nice long walk yesterday (not as long as I would've liked, but she'd been running in the morning and it was getting late by the time we got back, so we probably timed it about right as it was). I imagine she and my sister intend to take me out somewhere nice for food today, but I might be able to con them into going somewhere cheap regardless.
Hello Amidus! Nice to see you, thanks! There are other things to which I will lower myself for the amusement of foreigners -- what's your fancy? Do you like your Canadians like you like your restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
ION:
Today I had my first swim of the year, and in the sea no less. I was doing it to try out a wetsuit, though, so it's not like the temperature was any problem. On the contrary, I was equally surprised and delighted by how warm it felt, so I got kinda caught up in the swimming portion of it and didn't want to stop.

The only disadvantage (apart from a slight reduction of mobility) is that wetsuits are pretty buoyant, so it's hard to swim under water without weights, or even at all, really. Swimming on your back works pretty efficiently, though, so you're no entirely without means of propellation...

IRN:
Apart from swimming, I've also been jumping up and down cliffs and running over cobblestone (of the natural kind). It was this kind of nature in which I have a very hard time sitting still, I just have to go everywhere, even if doing so should technically be impossible.
These things are wholesome and just what I'd like to be doing. Unfortunately I feel a bit gunshy after injuring my tailbone last summer while cliff-jumping and not being able to sit down comfortably for weeks. And just to anticipate any comedians, I'm not as used to that as you might expect.

I will be heading to the East Coast in a few weeks, with a long-desired chance to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. I...I hadn't really thought about the water temperature before. Am I going to die without a wetsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
ION:
Today I found this. As a Scandinavian, I must call this glorious!
What the **** did I just read?

So Anglish is stripped of any Latin-derived morphology and lexicon? I love it.