Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
So... yeah.

Spoiler: Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
Show
Oh, hey, cool, this is largely a shot for shot remake of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion! A few obvious larger differences, and quite a few minor things (such as Shinji saying "home sweet home" rather than "I'm home") that stick out. I saw the original series on TV, followed by many many rewatches of the Platinum Edition DVD, so all these little minor changes really stood out.

Ending is brand new and seems to hint at a "this has happened before" time loop scenario.

Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
Show
Where the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series lured you into a false sense of security of thinking that it was just another giant mecha anime at the start, before pulling the rug right out from under you, these movies seem to do the same on an entirely different level. Just when you felt safe in the movies being largely the same as the series, this movie enters the fray to highlight just exactly how wrong you were.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
Show
I no longer have a single frame of reference linking these movies to the original series, except for the 17th angel, who is now apparently both the 1st angel and the 13th angel in this movie series. While the exact circumstances are completely changed, the sequence of events involving that angel plays out largely the same as it did in the original series.

Bring on Evangelion 3.33+1.11! Hurry up and make Evangelion 3.0+1.0 already!
A thing I want to point out about Rebuild 2, that makes me cackle with unending glee.
Spoiler: Rebuild 2
Show

Gendo tries to be a better Dad here. He really does, in his own ways. Things seem to be going well, in fact better. Shinji is having a happier life!

This causes Third Impact to HAPPEN EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. Shinji is not allowed to be happy. That being said it does give me one of my...favorite quotes of all time.

"This time...I will make you happy."