Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Spoiler: Evangelion 2.22
Show
Not earlier than Gendo expected.

Actually, the near entirety of Evangelion 2.22 is almost a wish fulfilment scenario for Shinji. Mari thinks that he smells really nice. Rei warms up to him and tries to not only help his relationship with his father, but cook for him. Asuka also calms down enough to cook for him, but backs off in time not to make a scene between her and Rei. His relationship with his father does appear to be improving thanks to Rei.

But then everything goes to poop.

P.S. "This time". Yet more evidence.

Spoiler: Evangelion 3.33
Show
"I'm sorry, this is not the happiness you wanted and deserved."
Spoiler: Rebuild 2
Show
To be fair Mari thinking he smells nice isn't...the MOST positive thing given it's because he smells like LCL and as we've seen she's basically what would happen if Simon from Gurren Lagann was thrown into an Evangelion unit. She even kinda gets Spiral Eyes too. It's fantastic and I love it.

But yeah that's all I was talking about. Shinji's life is good! His Dad is trying to be a better person, the people in his life are kind and like him and trying to do good things. Misato is upfront with him about what is going on and accepts what he says instead of being forceful. Everything's coming up Shinji!

Then the timer for the movie hits 1:08 and everything goes to hell. And yet despite that...Shinji presses on and saves Rei like a ****ing badass!...which causes Instrumentality to start SOONER.

Spoiler: Rebuild 3
Show

I still need to rewatch Rebuild 3 because...the first time I saw it I think I missed something because I was completely lost and felt it was really lucklustre. I also felt that they cheapened the "666 THE BEAST" mode with the "667 THE BEAST" mode, which...I mean I get it but at the same time that's kinda lame.