Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
"I- Alright", Darian agrees after some hesitation, "I don't know where father is, and our house is on fire!", he lets out a small laugh, as if he has trouble stomaching the situation, "But I remember where the Marchioness's city mansion is. But I still think this must be a misunderstanding. The mere thought is..." He continues to babble nervously as they head back towards the gate, more to himself than anyone else.

They are almost in the entrance hall, when they hear an angry shout: "You! Stop there!" Darian almost jumps and turns around, but it was not him the call was directed to. An obviously furious nobleman is approaching them, followed by two guards, his finger pointed at Rowan. "I remember you, thief! The nerve you have to come here, to steal more no doubt!!", he shouts with a voice full of vehemence, "Return my signet and the money you stole, immediately, and I'll only have you whipped!"

Spoiler: Axe
Show
It is Count Delawney, the nobleman Rowan met in the morning. If you recall, the man's horse had been hurt after he rode towards a carriage and Ky asked Rowan to heal it.

Rowan looks to either side before he finally processes that the Count is, in fact, referring to him. "Thief? Me? All I did was heal your horse! Ky said..."

He stops for a moment, connecting the dots. "But he can't have stolen from you either. He's trying to get his life back together!"