Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
"I don't know the goals of these conspirators--or the Emperor, for that matter--but I know enough about history to know that if I don't like rivers of blood, revolutions are 'no' by default." She looks at Darian. "Do you have any idea where you can go now?" she asks.
"I... I'm not sure. At any other time I suppose I could find an inn, but during the tournament, it would be hard to find any that have room. I could ask one of my friends-"

"No", the Marchioness interrupts him, "We don't know which families are involved in this. And it is certain that some, if not most, are. Our Duchess is foolish, but not entirely insane. Perhaps your friends wouldn't wish you harm, but their families can't be trusted."

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
Rowan smiles shakily. "Thank you for your expediency, Sirs. I'm sure this will all be cleared up soon."
As he goes with the guards, Rowan complains under his breath. "I said I wouldn't try to escape."
Rowan is led to the lowest levels of the castle, because that is where the dungeons always are. His magical items are confiscated and put away with his crossbow. Then he is unceremoniously led to a cell, pushed in and the door is slammed shut.

There is a small wooden bench and a bucket in the corner, otherwise the small room is empty. Moss grows on the bare stone walls and the place smells of mold and earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
Spoiler: AoO
Show
Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Eglantine swung down again as the cockatrice limped away. She felt a little bad about hurting the wounded creature. But this was no place for it, and it posed a danger to everyone. She chased it down again, not letting it get away.

Spoiler: AoO
Show
Charging after it. Effective AC: 15

Attack: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Eglantine brings the axe down with force and severs the cockatrice's neck. Its body drops down to the cobblestones, blood spilling to the street.

Spoiler
Show
Combat over! 700 XP for Eggy.