Quote Originally Posted by onigame View Post
On strip #1044 Bandana mentions "Passage Pass", which is redundant because "Pass" and "Passage" mean the same thing. What I only noticed on the second read-through is that she mentions "Fissure Gap", which is exactly the same thing. In real life, people wouldn't name things redundantly like that. Except the River Avon, or the La Brea Tar Pits, or Table Mesa... okay, fine, I guess it only happens if you're in the Milky Way Galaxy.
Yeah, that's actually pretty common in the real world: Nile and Indus both mean river; Mississippi means big river; Rhine and Rhone both mean flow, i.e., river. The Sahara and the Arabian Deserts are both technically the Desert Desert. Alps means mountains. A lot of the names of geographic features started out as common nouns. I just figured that the people in the Stickverse don't speak English, and the software that Burlew has been using to translate their language into English doesn't recognize place-names as proper nouns, so it just translates them literally.

On topic, I only noticed that the flag of Gobbotopia in 702 has a brown star for the bugbears after I read 1038.