Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
Does this rule apply to spin-off Recruitment threads? For example those situations where a potential GMs response to a request doesn't meet the needs of the original poster, but there is sufficient interest from other players to open a seperate recruitment thread.
I'm sorry, I don't quite know what you're asking here. Could you rephrase?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I suggest that the rule be slightly modified to be:

• The OOC thread should link to everything else in its first post.
  • Everything else should link to the OOC thread.

That would ensure that everything connects to everything else in at most two hops.

Not many edge cases would need to be added to that simplified form.
That was considered, and may still be considered in the future of this trial. But we do want all of the links available in all of the threads. If there's a lot of links and the game master wants to keep them tidy, they can be put in a spoiler box (please label the box, though). You can also create the list only once then copy and paste it, it doesn't really matter if a thread links back to itself...

Also, it wouldn't change the edge cases. Recruitment threads are often abandoned after a game is fully recruited, and if they're abandoned there's no need to link to them from the other threads. Threads in the Dice Roller forum still can't be edited. Plus, not all games have an OOC thread, and others might have multiple.