View Single Post

Thread: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

1. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Thumbs up Re: 3.5e Batman Campaign (2.0)

=On the stroll to pier 42= (unimportant chatting/questions)

The vigilante laughed softly – face awash in open relieve. It was the first unguarded act Stephanie had done all night long, she realized. Perhaps in weeks, since Robyn went to ground and she started to question her place in her gang. She mirrored the redhead by undoing her mask by the ear, revealing an unapologetic grin. An excess of courage was a bad call when operating solo.

Estanna above, Barb, wanna spook me a little harder next time? I thought you were Zucco’s pet beguiler tailing me for earlier. Not fun.

She hummed to herself thoughtfully as she checked out the wizard again with newly relieved eyes, the still helmed knight offered only a cursory look. “Absolutely loving the bat hat, by the by. Very Gotham ballroom chic. All I really expected were your codenames, though. What’d’ya go by now? Batgirl? Jurist? Barbwire? You could completely pull off Barbwire.

A purple leather folder from the back of her belt was produced while Stephanie waxed casual. “Oh, hey, so, when we get to the pier, leave the tripwire to me. But if you could confirm there’s no magic on or around them, that’d be huge. I’ll need your help on how to get around if so. Magic is tetchy enough without tripwire and long knives involved.

Stephanie started off at a hurried stroll, one now lacking any masked tension, finding herself unsurprised full plates and mealy mouths didn’t fit. “What’s a defender of the realm doing in the docks, besides? Fox call in last ditch favours, or is this all justice?

Stephanie scanned from waist level to ground with a practised eye. She slowed mid-stride on spotting moonlight tiptoeing on one several feet off, as subtly as a pickpocket working a crowd. Another tripwire was seen several strides after that. The sound of arguing and several Alchemist Guild cannisters further ahead marked the area as not altogether friendly. Having to second guess throwing up one of many silent sequences picked up in House Kyle, she held up an upright hand to suggest a stop. Using the ring and thumb fingers of her hands, she pantomimed pulling drawing two lines in the air. One in front of her and repeating the same motion further in front of her.

Two tripwires.

=Arriving around pier 42= (minor stuff, Disable Device on tripwire)

Kneeling next to the first trip wire, the purple leather folder was unfurled parallel the trap, showcasing a collection of tools of the freelance entering trade. After checking what it was connected to without touching anything, a quick snip and attaching the much shorter wire to two bricks she brought over kept any would-be alarm quiet and the wider swath of their approach silent. The crates and barrels were approached grudgingly at a signal to move closer to eavesdrop.

=Surprise round= (?)

Stephanie sighed silently to herself when the knight motioned for a strike. Putting aside whims of working the crowd to her ends from atop her perch on the crate, the sights of the hand crossbow were aimed down at the bookish elf that had terrorized many of Gotham’s families. The trigger was squeezed when the lady in steel moved for an attack.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 24 max.
    AC: 17.

1, Surprise round standard action attack the elf.

Attack accuracy: (1d20+10)[29] (+9 normally, +1 with elevation)
    Hand Crossbow damage: (1d4)[3]
    Sneak attack damage: (2d6)[9]

Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2021-11-05 at 07:07 PM.