Isaera is mainly silent for the trip, her thoughts embroiled in the events of the days past, searching for clues. Though it may be heartwarming to see Felix playing with the ogre children, a measure of life and cheer despite the horrible events that transpired, it was still a distraction.

She is thankful for the ride, to rest her legs, and when it's time to pass control of the steed back over to the sailor, Isaera bids Balandar farewell.

Spoiler: Thalassian
Show
Sound advice. I was considering it myself. If, on the off chance, I find myself venturing out again, it would be foolish not to. Al diel shala to you as well. I hope we may meet again...

- - - - - - -

Theramore was a welcome sight indeed. It wasn't Quel'Thalas, and the sultry climate hammered upon that fact constantly, but it was still.. the one place that may still be safe, at least for now, and one place they may yet call home. Isaera's family, or what was left of it await. But first, there was the matter of collecting their much-deserved payment.

Seventy-five silver pieces in a little over a week's time was fairly lucrative - almost ten times what she could expect to eke out with alchemy jobs she may be lucky enough to find, the same with menial mage work which was quite safe, yet usually tedious. It was a nice purse of silver to bring home, but the potential risk was so.. almost not worth it.

Perhaps Isaera should have known the trouble she was getting into, and the danger. And if she ever told her mother the full details of what transpired, she would never hear the end of it. And yet, by the smoke billowing in the horizon and with rumors spreading around, it was already probably too late. Who could have possibly expected a demonic cult and black dragons to be involved?? Absolutely no one, that's who. But this was the rub when it came to venturing outside the cushy confines of civilization. And in a mostly-unknown continent, in a world that had recently been ravaged by a demonic invasion, no less. Weird stuff was just more likely to happen.

Regardless, a deal was a deal, and while Isaera was not going to ask for more based on the described job alone, she certainly wasn't planning on doing something similar any time soon..

- - - - - -

It was odd how the captain kept them held in his office, but it made sense when Jaina Proudmore herself entered the room. Her presence was, to say the least, quite palpable, and for many would be awe-inspiring. And while Isaera could certainly appreciate basking in her arcane aura, her biased elf opinion would suggest that she had known many mages who were just as talented, and a few that were better.

The Lady gave her pitch and Isaera was caught off guard, for starters.

"Sooo... you want to give us free money..?"

The confusion and skepticism was beginning to drip from her speech. Well, okay, it honestly sounded like Jaina did want something in return for these payments, but what they were expected to do wasn't clear at all.

"When it is discovered that you are lining our pockets, wouldn't that cause everyone to think that we - er, this 'guild' - is just part of the Alliance, seeing as it is funded by the Alliance?"