Following Duvi into the minimalistic, almost campaign worthy conference room, Adam's eyes are first drawn to the table, the representation of Cyre as it should be, and a familiar pain stabs through his heart as he remembers the day he heard the news.
It takes him a few seconds to recover, just in time to hear Duvi's introduction, and for him to remember where he was, and who he was meeting. His hand starts to rise, in an almost instinctive salute, but he quickly represses the motion. He wasn't in the army anymore. Instead, he offers a nod of greeting as the Prince introduces himself, before resuming his stance of attention. When the Prince reaches him, Adam shakes his hand, his gauntlet moving smoothly.

Stressful introductions complete, Adam is glad to let his hand fall back, although he allows no sign of his relief to appear on his face. When the cleric, the apparent Princess of Karnnath is introduced, he offers her a respectful nod, noting the signs of an augury upon her. The dwarf, however, prompts a slight deepening of his frown.

However, as the others tell their tales, Adam realizes what the dwarf was looking for, and what his companions were telling didn't match, so he took it upon himself to change that. "I was among the first to enter Cyre, after..." He pauses, visibly collecting himself, before he continues. "After. My unit was stationed on the border, and when the mists passed... we investigated." He pauses again, shaking his head. "Whatever you think about those mists, know that they are far worse than they seem. They are a scourge, and seem to sap the will from those who enter. We lost three men on the first day, to simple things. A broken leg, a bad fall... they just didn't care what happened to themselves, and by the time anyone found them? It was too late." He looks the dwarf directly in the eyes. "We spent a week searching, seeking for survivors. Those that we found..." He shakes his head. "Their minds were broken. I wanted to press deeper, but our commander, he insisted that we leave before we lost any other men. We got orders to move out, and to regroup." He shakes his head again, full of sadness. "To my sorrow, I obeyed them." His gaze returns to the dwarf. "I would give anything to change that day, but I can't. All I can do is try to change this day. You'll find few humans with more experience in the mists than I, and fewer still who are still willing to go in."