Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    November 1st
    Keith
    Crowe sees a few cuts on Zephyr, two on her shoulder and arm, and one in her leg, but they don’t seem to be too deep. “I’m fine. That bird was… weird. It didn’t follow any of the laws of physics. I tried to mess with the air pressure on its wings and it didn’t seem to care, and it was way faster than it had the right to be,” the North Sider replies.

She glances over at the mech and the blonde girl in the mask. “I asked Liam to send a few on my team when I saw that it was Marrow we were fighting, so Meteor and Penumbra came to help. I think when he saw that he’d be fighting four heroes, Marrow decided to back off. He called the bird down and it exploded into a really bright light that blinded everyone long enough for him to get away.”

Over by the car, Mercury yanks off the back door of the mangled sedan and starts to help two twin girls that looks to be five or six out of the wreckage. A teenage boy around fifteen dressed in dark blue clambers out of the broken passenger side window.
    Crowe smiles a bit in relief seeing that the cuts aren't too deep and that she is fine. His look turns a bit confused trying to figure out what was going on with it though. "That's...... really weird. Almost sounds like somethin'..... Probably our second meta dealing with here. The new guy, Augur is from the Palisades." Crowe shrugs. "I'll see if he's seen that one before."

He glances over at the mech and the girl in the black bodysuit. The blonde hair was about easily recognizable, but he had no idea about the mech. "Glad he could get a hold of them. And that they made it here when they did." He tilted his head. "They were both there the other day right? That mech is really cool."

He hangs his head a moment standing up thinking about the stupid decision he had made. Going into arms length of a stronger hand to hand combatant was not a good way to make an impression. He couldn't bring himself to look at Zephyr. She must have been so disappointed in just how smart he could seem, but making dumb decisions. It wasn't the first time in the past three days he had made bad decisions either. This was a wake up call that he would not be the hand to hand fighter his uncle or even his father would be.

He looks over at Mercury at the car and watches as he helps the kids get out. He doesn't see a sign of the dad. "Mimi, how far out is medical response?" He looks over at Zephyr, still feeling the weight of the world over him because the biggest fear now aside from Rin. Disappointing Maeve.

"I owe you big time, Zephyr. Thanks for the save." He says with a soft smile. "Guess I owe Meteor and Penumbra as well for when they showed." His look turns serious for a second, and slightly in thought. "I.... have to promise you somethin' to. Not going to do somethin' crazy like that again."

He taps the commlink after her response. "How are they looking Mercury? And how you holdin' up?" Mercury was sure to let him have it afterwards.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2023-03-24 at 04:19 PM.