Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
Gotcha. So, for example, Knock off is a 20 Power move, and doesn't get a damage boost when removing an item.
Correct.

(Although looking at the wiki page for Knock Off specifically it looks like there was some weirdness with it disabling the item in Gen IV rather than actually knocking it off. I’ll probably go with it actually knocking the item off, because wow that’s unintuitive.)

Would it be possible for any of our starting Pokemon to have access to an egg move, with the fiction being that they've forgotten it and would have to relearn the move? (Specifically, I would tutor Buck with Morning Sun if possible.)
I’ll allow it this once, sure.

I figured it would be easier to ask these questions now than when Less actually goes to the move tutor.
No problem there.

Slightly different example. What if Princess evolves into Crawdaunt, could she then learn Crabhammer from the move tutor at the lowest level that Corphish or Crawdaunt could learn Crabhammer?
If she evolves, she has to use the level numbers for her evolution. So as a Crawdaunt she could be tutored with it at *checks* level 38 (FireRed and LeafGreen).