View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

1. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

Plot hooks sound great! It's really cool to see how new players confront these challenges that I've grown so accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Spell Drain. Any spellcasting creature whose space the Nishruu also occupies loses one random available spell slot (roll a dice of the appropriate size to determine which level). The Nishruu heals for 3 x the spell slot’s level.
    Is there an attack roll for this, or is it just an auto-hit if the Nishruu floats over a spellcaster? Auto-hit for such a powerful feature feels against the spirit of 5e.

I think if a CE needs Misty Step, He's likely to DDoor out and return with four more.
    Even if we fall, our numbers are many. You would be overwhelmed.
    I think I am going to skip Rielev and the things in the tanks near the beginning... they don't ever play into anything later, just provide hints about the 1st level, and are pretty dark. I also am a lazy DM and don't want to deal with them trying to re-enter Irenicus' dungeon later to "free" or "save" the tank people, who otherwise just get left to die as the systems run down over the following years. There's enough darkness going on without adding that.
    Woof, I never even thought about Irenicus's dungeon still continuing even after it's inaccessible. Those poor, poor tube people Hopefully the power runs out soon...

It’s entirely possible that they’ll follow the trail of dead thieves out the closest hallway and skip Frennedan and miss the Girdle of Bluntness as well. They want out, fast, and are not interested in maximizing looting. I’m glad they at least got some wands and the Ring of Protection.
    This was me on my first-ever playthrough. I was so young and unfamiliar with game mechanics that when the magic missile wand started blasting, I just ran. Followed the dead thieves to the exit and missed the rest of that room. Weirdly, even though I've played it through 20 times since then, the rest of those rooms still feel so much more "new" to me. I don't know if that's just the power of a first playthrough or what.

Sidebar: thank you beyond words for not making katanas magically more powerful for no damn reason.
    Last edited by Ionathus; 2023-06-06 at 11:17 AM.