1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

The Last thread died shortly after the Haitus.

So, to recap for those just joining in, a few months ago Boruto Part 1 ended with Ada, a cyborg with biotechnological modifications derived from the body of Shibai Otsutsuki, accidentally using the shinjutsu "Omnipotence," an all-powerful technique that can create worlds and rewrite reality, to alter the memories of almost everyone on Earth to swap the roles of Kawaki, the orphaned cyborg and former vessel of Ishiki Otsutsuki who Naruto adopted, and Boruto, son of th Seventh Hokage and the Byakugan princess, after Kawaki was being hunted for banishing Naruto and Hinata to a time-locked dimension where they'd be safe from the Otsutsukis and trying to kill his adopted brother in order to eliminate the threat that Momoshiki posed. Ada found him, Kawaki wished that it was an "outsider" who was possessed by Momoshiki and not Boruto, and Ada accidentally granted this wish by swapping Kawaki and Boruto's places.

The only people unaffected were those who were "Otsutsukified" like Boruto and Kawaki, and for unknown reasons Sarada and Sumire.

Everyone is trying to kill or capture Boruto now, as Kawaki has forced Ada to say that she witnessed him killing Naruto, but Sarada is so shaken by her fear for Boruto's safety and understanding of just how screwed he is that her Mangekyo Sharingan, which normally develops from the trauma of witnessing the death of a love one or being responsible for the death of a friend, activated in full which caused Sasuke to realize that something was up and becuase he wasnt in knee-jerk "kill the threat mode" he was able to make observations about Boruto that lead to him realizing that his memories have been tampered with and he goes Rogue to help Boruto escape. They are confronted by Ada who apologizes and promises not to help the Leaf find Boruto, Boruto swears that he'll prove who he really is and reconcile with Kawaki, and Time-Skip.

That was about four Months ago, and the first Post-Chapter Timeskip Chapter come out officially tomorrow so... Yeah.

On the off chance that anyone wants to talk about it here, this is where we can post theories and hold discussions.

Spoiler Policy

Anything from OG Naruto or Boruto Part 1 is free game, since I don't think it's reasonable for someone coming into a part II discussion to not expect spoilers for the first half or a sequel not expecting spoilers for the original, but anything from a chapter—or episode, when the anime adaption comes out—should be in spoiler tags for at least 7 days after the chapter comes out.

To get this started off, a theory I saw the other day...

Boruto has a number of parallels to both Sasuke, and his father especially as he starts to mature...

But his current situation marks him out as being a parallel to a third character entirely.

His current situation, of course, is that he's the genius prodigy older brother, who is three to four years older than his beloved younger sibling, who is now on the run for killing almost his entire family despite being more or less innocent in the matter and who is presumably going to continuing acting in the interests of his home village.

...Boruto isn't the Naruto or the Sasuke of his Generation.

He's the Itachi.

Bonus points, one of his last major interactions with his beloved younger sister before the 'deaths' of their parents was her asking him for help with something and him saying he was too busy, just like Sasuke and Tachi before the Massacre...

..And Himawari is the cheerful younger sibling with a great deal of talent but who mostly just adores her older brother... Until he killed their entire family.

Odds are good that she's the Sasuke analog in all of this.

And for the hat trick: people have also drawn parallels between Kawaki and Kabuto, relating to matters of identity, a tendency to latch onto people, and having rather extreme reactions and... Kabuto was defeated for good by... Sasuke and Itachi.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-19 at 01:28 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks