Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
Also, looking for a general opinion: the way this game is supposed to work is one player takes an action, the Watcher reacts, the player finalizes their action and decides who goes next. Then that player takes an action and so on. I'm totally down with playing it this way, but I admit I'm a little concerned it's going to go very slowly in PbP format.
Cortex is already very slow in play-by-post because every dice roll is opposed by another dice roll.

One thing that helps a lot with Balsera Initiative is when it doesn't matter, the player acting can declare NEXT as "any PC" or "any ally" or "any enemy". So for a Fastball Special, Colossus would roll to Create an Asset and declare Wolverine-- but if he just hits someone he can just say "whoever".

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
As an alternative, we could do an "Everybody declares their action and rolls the dice, and then I'll try to mash them together in some order that makes sense." There may be other options. I'm totally okay with either, or we can start with one and switch if we don't like it, but I will leave it up to you guys. Preferences?
I'm also totally okay with this, but in this case I'd suggest we need to maintain some flexibility-- if Colossus declares he's throwing Wolverine, Wolverine needs to be able to say he's doing something else; if Wolverine decides he's going to be precious like Gimli, Colossus needs to be able to do something else. One advantage of pre-planning our panels like this is that if someone does temporarily drop out, we're more likely to be able to continue with their stated goals until they can step back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
Forget slow; that’s the sort of thing that will kill the game outright.
To revise my earlier suggestion, maybe the person declaring NEXT should also include a backup option, and we should each (as players) suggest our personal backup options if we can't post in a reasonable timeframe. Or maybe all of us have the default action-- if we miss the window-- of trying to reduce the Doom Pool by whatever means the Watcher deems most appropriate for the situation.