1. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: The Marvels , you know that new superhero movie

By the way, does anyone know why Marvel is so weird about soundtracks / character themes?

MCU soundtracks in general have been underwhelming. I wouldn't be able to hum the themes to most of the movies from memory. The only ones I can remember right away are the Avengers theme, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel had a recognisable and pretty good theme, and then in the sequel they just ditch it!

And they do that a lot. I think none of the Iron Man, Thor or Captain America sequels used any music from the movies before, nor did their character themes carry over to the Avengers movies.
    I actually suspect the reason I can only remember the Avengers, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man themes is because those are the only ones that are repeated in their sequels.

And I don't get why. Is it a rights thing? Is it because audiences did not respond positive? Do they enjoy writing new music?
    I don't know any other movie series that just completely drops its music between films. Can you imagine Pirates of the Caribbean or Mission Impossible going "Nah, we don't need to recycle the music this time. We'll just use a completely different main theme for once"?
    Last edited by Murk; 2023-11-17 at 05:12 PM.