1. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Marvels , you know that new superhero movie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I find that dubious when so many folks trip over themselves to both announce their so-called apathy as well as victory lap the movie's failure. For me, true apathy is more like the Blue Beetle film, a collective shrug followed by very few headlines or posts at all.
    That would be a good point, except... No one is talking about the characters, the cast or even the movie itself...

People are discussing the film's failure and what said failure means to the superhero genre, to Hollywood and (more specifically) to Disney. Because it's by far the biggest flop of the world's biggest movie franchise, which happens to belong to the world's biggest (?) entertainment industry.

No one cares about The Marvels (characters or cast), just about its failure.

I'm sure Hollywood and media personality will still still use the good ol' "everyone is a bigot" excuse that Hollywood loves so much (the director already did)... But I think public losing interest in a franchise that has only produced flops in the last 4 years is a much more likely explanation than "everyone is a bigot". Especially considering the recent history of Marvel movies (and the superhero genre in general) and just how bad of a flop The Marvels is (worst ever Marvel opening and a 87% drop in audience by the 2nd weekend. - Is Captain Marvel hated by the whole country (especially by women, since 65% of the audience is male)?
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2023-11-20 at 07:12 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff: