1. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: MitD XIX: The Potted Plant Is Starting To Look Reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    No, it is what you said over here. I then asked why you thought this was the case, and you replied by reasserting your belief that it is the case. So I'll ask again: Do you have any evidence or argument to support your assertion that "we know [MitD] failed to [hit lightly]" in the tower scene, or are you simply ignoring the possibility that you might be wrong?
    Yeah, I find myself siding with 3Power on this point. To be clear, I don't have specific evidence MitD failed to hit lightly, just the math of how we've calculated his STR and thinking about what the alternatives mean.

Is knocking a paladin through a stonewall and hundreds (maybe?) of feet through the air *really* the softest MitD can hit? I mean, really? At risk of repeating myself, I get that the damage from a STR bonus is a flat amount and there don't appear to be rules for doing reduced damage (other than non-lethal), but the 30 STR number was calculated assuming a full-effort hit using a min-maxed build.

If you think MitD was successfully hitting as lightly as he can in that scene, you're either arguing his STR is much higher than 30, probably more like 50-60+. OR you're arguing his "hits" must be gigantically hard relative to anything else he does with his STR (he didn't accidentally annihilate the rope when he pulled on it) for some reason.
    Last edited by Crusher; 2023-11-21 at 10:33 AM.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan