Quote Originally Posted by Emberlily View Post
trying to base this conclusively on [the total damage value of the attack] really doesn't seem to be very consistent with what we see, though. the aforementioned scene with scruffy launching a dog with an attack that wouldn't kill a 1st level fighter (assuming scruffy is doing the "all the 'separate attacks' are bundled into one big hit in the fiction of the comic" thing, like with roy vs miko. if it's just one attack it wouldn't even disable a 1st level commoner!) is one thing. there's also the fact that neither miko nor windstriker show those nearly-ubiquitous visible-signs-of-injury from the hit. that makes whether it did any notable damage at all very ambiguous (windstriker is drinking potions afterwards, yes, but we don't see their condition after taking the fall damage but before healing up). because being launched by attacks seems to be a way of simply showing that someone is particularly beefy (oots has run on cartoon physics before! see that one xykon decoy vs vaarsuvius and the general), it very well could have been 1+6 damage just as much as it could've been 1+25 or such. I just don't see trying to calculate either a high or low end based on damage values alone is useful (except perhaps "it did less damage than would have killed miko or windstriker instantly", I suppose)
I agree with the logic, but much like the earthquake ability, its been a tough time finding any ability that can send someone flying without maiming them in the process.