Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
Akiko bows to Chrétien. “Nice to meet you. How long have you been in Japan?” she ask curiously. “Your Japanese is very good.” She gives him a hint of a smile along with the compliment.
“Domo arigatou,” Chrétien Replied, chancing a hint of familiarity. “My uncle insisted I learn while I was younger. His company’s connections to Japan insured that there were enough native speakers moving in and out of town that I got a lot of practice.”

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
After the foreigner’s reply, she turns to look down toward the festivities, spotting several games she’d like to try her hand at.

“I think we should go check out what prizes we can win,” she suggests. “I think I see that goldfish ring game. I’d love to get a little pet for my dorm room. I could try out some of my new watercolor paints if I had a fish to model for me,” she says slightly jokingly.
Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
Inauspicious Start II:

Sakuma straightens again as the conversation turns toward keeping occupied. He looks about, pondering the various booths, carnival games, and the whole ensemble.

He shrugs. "I don't have much of a preference, I can people watch no matter what we do or where we go. It would be nice to swing by the Test of Courage maze before we overhear too many spoilers though."
“Sakuma-San can document your efforts to liberate your future pet from it captivity,” Chrétien effused, noting the young man looking back and forth between the crowd and his camera. Such attention to detail seldom came without some skill. “Shall we make that the first part of our adventure today or would keeping it in your bag become awkward?”