View Single Post

Thread: Rebel Moon final trailer

1. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rebel Moon final trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    So the fact that he made a new cut when Warner asked him to 'matches up' with him being constantly wailing about his lost vision it without any indication that he actually was? Dubious. I mean, you'd think people would actually know rather than having to say 'I assume this is true', because, if he was wailing, you would expect some kind of evidence of wailing to be available.

Many people would want to release a project they spent years of their life into given the opportunity. It doesn't say anything much about Snyder that he took the chance when it was given to him, and it certainly doesn't indicate anything about what he was doing on social media.

Most people don't get the opportunity.
    Yes. Maybe spend a tiny bit of time asking why that is, and what was different in this case. And no "Film did poorly at the box office" is not the reason.

Look. You are free to have your own version of events, but everything I heard about during the time period between when JL was released and Synder released his own cut was that Synder was actively stoking the fans on this. It's hard to image any studio doing what WB did in this case, if that wasn't what happened. Fans alone dont cause this to happen. Never have. Like... ever. Which suggests that not only was he pushing the fans on this, but also pushing internally in the industry as well (which we obviously can't know directly about).

Again. The evidence of this is the very fact that the Synder Cut exists in the first place. Studios just do not out of the blue ask directors to do this.

What is that presumption based on? I mean, the biggest film he made was Justice League, and the massive behind the scenes wrangling on that is well documented. Bigger movie= more control is flawed logic.
    Which is great. But also not what I said.

Bigger Director *does* equal "more control"

Like Chris Terrio, writer of Justice League?
    Again: Bigger Director = "more control".

That would be because I never said anything like that to begin with. The director's cut isn't going to save a film if you don't like it.
    Right. So why make it? It wont save a film, but it may just salve an ego. And if you have enough pull in the industry you might just get a studio to throw good money after bad to do just that.

JL is one of the few exceptions because the originally released version was two people's vision stitched together badly.
    Fair enough. But there is a long list of film projects that were many many people's visions stitched together, many of which also did poorly, and in none of which did one of the people involved get to make their own cut after the fact. Yet, Snyder got to.

You need to think in terms of what is different here that isn't the same for other film projects. If your argument held water, we'd have awsome directors cuts of Highlander2, and Aliens3 out there. Um... we don't.

Rebel Moon's we haven't seen yet, obviously, but my bet would be that it's just bonus content extra character work and extra worldbuilding. If you didn't like Rebel Moon it's not going to fix it, it's bonus content.
    That's the point though. Many viewers are seeing a pattern here.
    Last edited by gbaji; 2024-02-12 at 02:02 PM.