"You're right. Forget I suggested that particular plan" Aliani replied, with a bit of genuine contrition. "But I do hope that you won't be so caught up in your duty that you'll be willing to see an innocent person killed in the name of justice. That's the sort of thing that can ride on one's conscience for a very long time, I hear."

"And Miss Sabor, I assure you, we are not going to be doing to anyone what they have done to you, nor anything close to this. The world is not all such a cruel place. At least not all the time."

The playwright sighed, a sigh that turned into a yawn of his own. It had already been a long day. "Why don't I wander down to the Gazette. I can't imagine why they think jumping the gun on this is such a good idea, but perhaps I can impress upon them the damage that a false report can cause. Likely to hurt them as it is anyone else, in the long run, right?" He shrugged. "Even if we can get it put off for one night..."

His mind flashed through all the various encounters they'd had, who might be amenable to putting out the word that a quiet night in the streets would be most welcome. Nothing sprang to mind, but the walk to the Gazette might trigger something, he hoped.