View Single Post

Thread: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

1. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by AscarothD View Post
    Ok, final question and thanks for the reply.
    An alternative to dungeoncrasher, since it's not allowed, if I can compliment the Zhentarim Fighter with the UA Thug variant. Trading medium and heavy armor for 4xint skills, and trade bonus feats for sneak attack progression.
    No, I'd prefer to avoid bringing in too much UA content.

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    I'm thinking about building a ranger focusing on ranged combat but I'm away from my books at the moment. Probably going to be something close to ranger/scout swift hunter. Something simple. Is there a favored enemy I should take, or could I do organization like was introduced in one of the books as an acf?
    I'm not sure if there's a clear choice for Favored Enemy. There's a lot of different enemy types to encounter, and even the Zhents aren't really the primary enemy. You will fight them a bit though, and I will allow Favored Enemy (Zhentarim), but not the rest of Urban Ranger. And just to clarify, if you also take FA(human), the bonuses do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Yes Ascaroth, the same one Thanks for remembering me, lol.
    How are you doing? long time no see/ speak

Thanks Scary Wizard for reffering me.

At Dm:
    I'd be interested in playing a corpse creature, or is that to far out?
    (it's like a fancier Zombie, not braindead, but also not special like Vampires and Litches, most people I have asked this question, agreed roughly that this template is worth of +1 LA, as it has no special abiilities other then undead, and it's stats arent special either +4 str/ -2 dex, +2 Nat. Armour)

Also; are Bab and saves fractional?
    Not sure where corpse creature is from, but per my previous ruling, races are limited to PHB races or FR variants with LA +0.

Fractional BAB/saves is fine.

Should be, yes.. can't remember the exact date though, google is our friend! (And a Dm that already answered it!, lolz)
    @spectralphoenix

Are skillpoints retroactive with permanent Int increase? (this greatly benefits non-wizards moreso then any other classes that work on Intelligence.

Are regional feats bonus feats? or we pay for them with our own normal allotment?
    Skill points are retroactive. You have to buy regional feats as normal.

Ex-Zhent, could that also be a Ex-Zhent that was allowed to become an Ex- for reasons the Zenth know/ allow, (so I could still get a prestige class? 9) Zhentarim Sky Mage 1, we could even refluff it to Hillsfarian Sky Mage)
    No. As mentioned in the alignment section, characters should be "Good or light-ish shades of neutral". I would also prefer to avoid bringing in PrC's outside of my initial allowed sources.
    Although, a 1 handed weapon (which a lance is whilst mounted, if I am correct) can be wielded one size bigger with 2 hands
    Not quite. You can wield a shield in addition to your lance when mounted. So you can't use a larger lance or do something other than hold a shield with your off hand, but you can get two-handed Strength and PA bonuses your shield, which is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @spectralphoenix

It might be useful if you could detail which books you see as part of Core. Is it just the PHB as far as PCs are concerned, or does it also include the PHB II?

Also, will characters level up at all, or will they begin and end the adventure as lvl 6 characters?
    At this point, I will allow PHB2 material as well.

In this adventure, you might or might not hit level 7. A lot of these older adventures are a bit more open, so it depends on what path the party takes. I might see about extending this to lead into the Return of Randal Morn questline if things go well, so it might be worth thinking about what you'd do in a few more levels, but no promises.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-03 at 09:28 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.