Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
To keep the thread from sinking while I keep procrastinating the implementation of Beni's suggestions ...
This is your personal unfinished business! You cannot abandon this thread until you've implemented them. And I'll make daaaaaamn sure this thread isn't abandoned. Hehehehe.... Hahahahaha!!!

Bug-Out Booze:
Maybe say "as by Time Hop" to explicitate "disappears". Otherwise nice. A potion of ML 10 Time Hop (or the psionic equivalent) would be 1,500 gp, but potions are very overpriced and it's not a buff spell, so 750 gp seems ok. I don't think I would buy it with a character, but that applies to 95% of official items.

Escape Rope:
It's called a move action, not a movement action. An item requiring Contingency should be at least CL 11. The price seems right. Wouldn't Contingency mean you could activate it as an immediate action, maybe for 1800gp or smth?I'd like to see a group or reusable version for planar guides. In a word, I like it.

Black Rope:
Cape of the Mountebank, but 3/day and you can act, but you have to be unobserved. I'd say it should explicitly take up a body slot or be more expensive, maybe around 33k?

Hot Lead:
Wow. This one's a doozy. Does it work on things that say they work a number of times per day? Does it work on things that do not explicitly require charges, but stop working after a certain number of uses? Can I use one charge from the Lead and two from my staff to cast a spell that requires three charges? It's quite a versatile and powerful item even if you limit it to wands and staves, but it becomes broken if it can apply to something like a Ring of Three Wishes. I'd say 50k is a better first price, or even higher depending on the specifics.
Fun items with charges that weren't supposed to be reuseable : Ring of Nine Lives, Golden Chalice of Lathander, Quaal's Cloak. I thought there'd be more broken ones, but staves are already quite good for it.

Note: I thought about creating a new utterance that can summon extraplanar creatures (something utterances can't do yet as far as I know). That one would then be a requirement instead of Anchor of Reality. But I couldn't come up with anything good on the fly; I couldn't even decide wether that should be a Evolving Mind or Crafted Tool utterance (and in the first case, what the reverse utterance should be). If somebody has an idea how to do this or already designed such an utterance, I'm all ear.
An Utterance is much better at calling something than summoning them (like Conjunctive Gate). Talking to the universe either changes targetted things or creates targetted things, but creating a temporary animated copy of a planar creature you don't actually target is a weird use. I'd say it would be a Perfected Map utterance. You target a terrain so that it attracts the essence of a creature that was there a long time ago, with no actual control over what the summoned creature is. That or an Evolving Mind, but it would actually attract a kind of creature under a specific CR ("I target a bugbear") and you'd have to barter with it, Planar Binding-style. Speaking a Personal Truename would allow to teleport a specific creature to you instead. The reverse would be an Antipathy effect preventing the specific kind of creature from approaching you. I haven't actually seen any similar homebrew either.

Odd-One-Out:
Another odd one. PCs don't usually have several of anything except money (and arrows for archers), and using money is generally in safe zones, so the odd-one-out will generally not do much. There is no indication of how much harm it does (how much damage?) or if Remove Curse could help identifying it. The mechanics are wonky, and I'm not sure how to price it.

Weapons Ring:
Can transform an *unattended, mundane* item *that is not part of a bigger structure*. We don't want people transforming artifacts of doom and phylacteries into cheap arrows. How long does the weapon last? There has to be a failsafe to prevent the wearer from using it too much. 10 points of Cha and Dex burn during downtime and 31k gp to get an epically-enhanced bow is an issue, especially if the wearer can sell the bow afterwards. As is, unrateable, but it should be around the right price if it is balanced.