Quote Originally Posted by The Patterner View Post
Because I'll agree with gbaji that this is the closest we will ever get to Snyders vision for justice league.

I also agree with Sapphire Guard regarding that that doesn't prove that this is the move that Snyder would have released to cinema. I do however consider that to be an irrelevant point, since the movie we did get when Snyder was given control is the Snyder cut.
And this is kinda the point. We've gone off into micro-examination of the trees, while not really making note of the forest we're standing in.

At the end of the day, regardless of how it came to be, the Snyder Cut of JL is as close as you can get to "exactly what the director wanted" as you're likely to ever get in a major studio released film project. And I do find that many of the elements that I found problematic in Rebel Moon are present in that cut of JL as well (extraneous scenes that weren't needed to tell the story; focus on action sequences in lieu of establishing dialogue; focus on "look and feel" over plot/story; overal film length bloat).

I don't think it's wrong at all to point out this pattern and say "this is the style of filmmaking that Snyder tends towards". If that's what you like, then you'll ike that. If that's not what you like, then you probably wont. And don't get me wrong, I like the stylistic stuff Snyder does. I'm just not a huge fan of the resulting film if/when those things seem to overtake other things I also want in a film. And, as I (and a few other posters) observed at the beginnnig of this thread, that trend towards the stylistic overtaking the other stuff seeme to correlate with the degree of control he has over the entire project.

I've already posted the various "other things" I'm talking about (plot holes, character inconsistencies, pacing problems, etc) that I see (in both films), so I'm not going to repeat them.