View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOptimists View Post
    I didn't even catch that second read. Ye gods, I can't think of a time they've depicted a Jedi Order as functional. Do we really need another story about a broken, ineffective one?
    I think the point is that the Jedi Order has never been functional. Obi-Wan romanticised the Jedi Order because it’s what he believed in and he was blind to its many faults, but the Jedi seem to do their best work when they’re operating outside the Jedi Order’s chain of command. Maybe that’s just what the Jedi are s’posed to be, not an Order but a calling.

That’s actually something the sequel trilogy had a great opportunity to explore but ultimately failed to - the idea that you don’t have to learn from a Jedi how to be a Jedi. That Luke didn’t need ancient texts telling him how to Jedi and that Rey didn’t need to learn from Luke how to be a Jedi either. That should have been Luke’s final lesson, the one he learned too late. That becoming a Jedi has nothing to do with traditions or teachers but finding your own path and having the strength to walk it.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-03-21 at 11:31 PM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."