Just watched the trailer and, as trailers go, was pretty meh. It didn't get me excited to see the show and left me with a bunch of questions. I really have not been following the news about this show at all so I am going into this pretty blind.

-Who is the main character? My impression it is Carrie Ann Moss and the Jedi Master teaching the younglings. I like Carrie Ann Moss and see her in it makes me kind of want to see it. But I have a feeling that is a bait and switch and that she will be in it just for the fight that's in the trailer.
-There is kung fu. Which is cool, I guess. I always felt like a powerful enough force practitioner wouldn't need a light saber. I kinda thought Ezra in Ahsoka was going to emphasize this.
-When does this show happen? I thought it was supposed to be set 1000 years before the prequels but someone told me that it's more like 100. I would like to see more star wars that avoids anything to do with the OT or anyone named "Skywalker". But if it's only 100 years before, you can expect Yoda and maybe a few others will make an appearance. Which is a turn off for me. I also don't want to find out who Schmi Skywalker's grandfather is.
-What is the meaning of the O in the Acolyte title? It's emphasized like the ring that becomes the O in Lord of the Rings.

A trailer should leave you with questions. The problem with this trailer is that it leaves you with questions that don't make you want to see the show. Compare it with the Trailer to "The Force Awakens". That at least establishes Rey, Finn, and Kylo as major characters and leaves you with a sense of mystery.

I will watch it if the reviews are good but I am not going to watch it when it drops.