Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
The Sith Warrior storyline, by comparison, is considered one of the best, and it's a rise to power tale (it was so much fun I did it three times ). The Imperial Agent one, meanwhile, is considered the best. If you're placing the Inquisitor as 4th, then out of the 4 best stories, 3 of them are Imperial, where players are operatives of a fascist, oppressive theocracy. The Darth Bane novels were also well-received, particularly the first. If you create a TV series whose main character is someone being conscripted into the Sith Academy and undergoing their training and the season ending by completing it and heading out into the galaxy on behalf of their master/the empire, people will watch that for the sheer novelty alone - and if it's good, they'll stay and get invested in the characters, because the protagonist isn't the only one on screen as there is a cast of characters and events unfolding around them. It depends on the writers and creators, and as I've professed, I don't think that level of quality is in Lucasfilm atm.
Certainly not sufficiently familiar myself, so I will ask - what is the possibility or proportion thereof that the affection for the "fascist, oppressive theocracy" falls with gamers being more anti-establishment, or significantly more "tired" of good guy stories than the mass market?

In short, how would you guys allocate actual quality vs gamer edge?

- M