View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I don't think that's true at all. The threat just needs to matter to the main characters, not to the wider setting, for a story to be interesting. A story about a Jedi that was deeply personal rather than being about a wider threat would be a great change of pace compared to the usual Jedi/Sith stuff.

There's actually one instance of this that I can think of: the novel "I, Jedi." Which is entirely about Corran Horn trying to find his missing wife, and undergoing Jedi training he'd previously been hesitant to undertake even after learning he was force-sensitive as part of that journey. Been a while since I read it, but I certainly remember it more fondly than most what Disney's done with the franchise.
    One of my favorite pieces of Star Wars media comes from the OG Clone Wars micro-series. It's Anakin, some clone troopers, and an R2 droid vs. a Sith Apprentice in the jungle. The troopers get assassinated one by one, the R2 droid gets wrecked, and Anakin loses his freaking mind. He unleashes the fury on the Sith and strikes them down with all of his hatred.

It's a better showcasing of how a "good" Anakin could turn to the Dark Side than the entire prequel trilogy managed. And I think the whole thing is about 10 minutes long.

The Sith Apprentice may have been a wider threat if left alive, but that isn't focused on. It's about Anakin.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2024-03-27 at 04:57 PM.