Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
From the SRD : "While item creation costs are handled in detail below, note that normally the two primary factors are the caster level of the creator and the level of the spell or spells put into the item. A creator can create an item at a lower caster level than her own, but never lower than the minimum level needed to cast the needed spell."
Alright.

I like it. The examples are detailed enough to give an idea of what to expect of other uses.
I'm glad.
Typical obyrith lord SLAs. PAO is strong. With 20th level cleric casting, Obyrith perks and form of madness, it may be higher than CR 24. Maybe 25 or 26.
Adjusted CR.
Does this require a Sunder attempt? Or to specifically target the tentacle? Does the Queen take the 15 damage?
This seems like a 3.0-ism that snuck into it. I changed it to use the language the kraken has (which means that the tentacles are now sunder-able).

How is it different from Constrict? If it's not, then add it to Constrict. If it only affects one creature, then say "one trapped creature each round for ...damage", rather than "a trapped opponent for ... damage each turn".
It's connected to Crush, not to Constrict. I changed the wording and maade it clearer.

Use a sentence. "Once every hour, the Queen can exhale a cloud of noxious gas in a 30ft cone obscuring vision as deeper darkness and nauseating creatures as stinking cloud (Fortitude save DC 26). The DC is based on Con."
Fixed.

Can the Rod actually be used if it is not fully assembled?
It can, actually. Each piece can be used to cast a single spell per day, and they get additional abilities the more are together.
The form of madness is extremely cool, but that sentence makes no sense, either in english or in D&D. Does it affect attacks or spells? To what die does the -2 apply? It would be more streamlined to just have it apply to Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidation and Sense Motive skill checks.
I think it makes perfectly sense. It essentially says "Everytime you tell me to do something, I get a penalty to all rolls I make as part of doing that something." You tell me to attack, I take a penalty to my attack rolls. You say "Dodge the fireball!", I get a penalty to my reflex save. You ask me to walk the dog, I get penalties to my Handle Animal check. And so on. I rewrote the sentence to make it clearer.

*one step towards chaotic on the law-chaos axis, or towards evil on the good-evil axis if the creature is already chaotic*
Changed.