Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
I think you're all getting it wrong: Vaarsuvius is drinking alcohol. It's been a tough day after all.
Why not both? Anybody who says alcohol isn't a solution failed chemistry. People would even sometimes say that alcohol was healthy with a straight face.
Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
. I think the bit about absinthe being poisonous (beyond the alcohol) is an urban myth but it’d still mess them up nastily with their Con penalty, wouldn’t it?
The story about it being a hallucinogen is false; although lots of things were included in absinthe before food regulations.

Traditional absinthe contains thujone, which is toxic, but all told would be significantly less toxic than the alcohol. America and the EU limit the amount of thujone to less than a 100th of what traditional absinthe had.
Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
Speaking of which, does anyone know where the mechanics for alcohol are in 3.5e? I know that it's mechanically treated as a poison.
There are no mechanics, and it's a good thing there aren't. Murderhobos would never drink if there was a concrete penalty.

Also, nobody wants to do nuances of how drunk you are (# of ounces of alcohol * 500/ (con score * weight) = # sheets to the wind, see chart for consqeuences of being 1-4 sheets to the wind; wait should we roll something? DO dwarves get a bonus?)Red dragon inn not withstanding
Actually, where did the tree-hugger elf trope start from in the first place? D&D?
Folklore, probably starting with the start of the iron age.

With the romantic movement of the 19th century both elves and nature became "good".
Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
People shouldn't overvalue thujone. It's also in thyme and rosemary, and nobody claims those are toxic.
People used to believe they were magic, as immortalized in the most famous song about a love potion.