Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
Yeah but so’s Doom, they’ve wasted Kang, done Skrulls and they’re just not gonna do Mole-Man at this point.
But maybe they could use the Under-miner!

More seriously, I think they need something grounded to start with, or run the risk of being a "serious" alternative to Guardians. So much of modern FF (at least through when I stopped reading) was as protectors against dimensional/spacefaring threats. All the multiverse [garbage] is cluttering stories and too convoluted for a lot of people. We can't dive right into the Negative Zone

While that ship may have sailed (Shalla-bol, whether Surfer or not, suggests not really grounded), maybe there are some options. We're a little limited for an initial film in MCU...so who do we have that isn't already tapped, isn't too space-y, or isn't alternative dimension or Celestial/Elder/Cosmic Power (Kang, Skrulls, Namor, Klaw, the Kree, Annihilus, Galactus, The Five Eaten Elders, Heralds)?

Mole Man, Molecule Man, Doom, a few of the sillier others? Some version of the Frightful Four, but maybe using untapped Spider-Man/Daredevil/unaffiliated villains?

Me, I think a nice kaiju style story that ties in a few of the science-y villains could be a good path to take, leading to a confrontation with Mole-man being puppeted by one of the brain-types (Thinker? Doom?) that ties FF to an underground story that links to a portal to the Negative Zone (but not to be explored...just a teaser for future and a source for Negative Zone baddies to emerge).

I know what I am thinking, but not expressing it well, I think. In short - Film one is Terrestrial threat masterminded by brilliant villain with Doom as red herring, links to Negative Zone; Film two is Negative Zone creatures rampaging in Earth with Doom having to be reluctant ally; Film three - FF and Doom must go to Negative Zone to squash the threat with Doom emerging as hugely powerful non-hero non-villain. We get to see a smattering of classic FF rogues along the way, and a true, developed rise of Dr. Doom as contender to Sorcerer Supreme, Four-Quadrant super power that isn't about sunshine and rainbows.

But instead we'll probably get a space cloud that causes global warming or something. With the 27th coolest Herald option.

- M

Instead, we'll get