Quote Originally Posted by gbaji View Post
See... I get this in an absolute sense, but not in a practical one. There's some wiggle room here, that lies somewhere betweeen "solid walls block AMF from extending to the other side of the wall", and "squishy/softt/thin things block the AMF as well".

So... If I hold up a sheet between me and Sunny, can I block the AMF and cast spells?

What if I have a ring of regeneration on my finger and am wearing a glove on that hand? Does clothing block AMF? So... I wear a beekeeper suit and I"m golden?

One either has to rule that "a person and all objects on/in their person" is in the AMF, or... not. I would tend to rule that if Caulder's body is in the AMF, then anything inside his body is also in the AMF. And yes, that would include someone/thing that he has swallowed. Ruling otherwise runs you down a rabbit hole of increasingly strange rulings.

I'd say that solid walls/floors block AMF, but nothing else (maybe a cabinet would work maybe?). I would certainly *not* rule that living beings bodies block AMF at all. Again, because otherwise, you get into silly territory with the effect.
You are applying logic, thus your confusion.

Cones emit in a cone from the source, and anything that blocks that 'shadows' whatever is behind it. There are drawings of how this works. However, within the AoE, there can be 'wraparound' so the effect might fill in behind an obstruction at least to some extent.

The problem with the bee-suit is that anything worn is part of the character, not a separate object. This leads to craziness like a sheet of glass in a window protecting a character from a Medusa's gaze, but a tower shield not doing so.

When it comes to understanding The Rules of Magic, it is best to avoid Logic until you cannot find a rule that covers the situation.