View Single Post

Thread: Fallout official trailer

1. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Ah... Social commentary...

Considering the level of "talent" modern Hollywood has going for it, I'm sure it'll be very subtle, nuanced and insightful... And not at all an incredibly shallow and in-your-face take that makes the message so obnoxious it ends up having an effect opposite from the intended.
    Ironically, Fallout seems to do better at that. Maybe make Bethesda games look good by comparison.
    Or on flip side, taking tongue-in-cheek at face value (like Liberty Prime’s quote being irony on its contradictory messages and being targeted against Enclave, who are symbol of pre-War Fallout America…mostly warts, or the optimistic advertisement being juxtaposition with journals on its seedier side and wasteland).
    New Vegas seems to do that better. Like NCR plot line involved dysfunctional command structure, wealth inequality (at least storylines involving Baron Brahmin and Caravan tycoons), and maybe anything involving Mr House and Followers of the Apocalypse.
    Like I said, entire Vault Tec and concept of Vault can be taken as commentary of profiteering and deregulation (though not sure Vault experiments was planned at first, but kinda fits with idea that Vaults are not made for survival but much as for profits.)
    Last edited by t209; 2024-04-08 at 01:02 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3