View Single Post

Thread: Shalla-Bol as the Silver Surfer

1. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shalla-Bol as the Silver Surfer

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    Personally, I loved the Silver Surfer solo title from the 90s (Ron Lim for the win) and have always enjoyed Norrin Radd as a character, but as they bring the surfer forward into the MCU, I don't really care if its Norrin Radd or Shalla Bol who takes Galactus up on his offer to become the surfer. The character doesn't suffer for being one or the other. I would suspect we will still get the same through-line of a loyal herald of Galactus convinced by interacting with the FF to turn against his master to try and save earth from his hunger.

That being said, I kind of wish they weren't going Galactus/Surfer for the new movie. I also wish they weren't going Doom either. Personally, being a fan of the idea of the FF as explorers, I'd rather see them do some kind of journey to the center of the earth, or the savage land, or the negative zone or something that involves going and exploring, vs fighting a CGI space giant and his zippy friend.
    Let’s see.
    - Firelord would have trademark issue with Nickelodeon due to certain ruling title in Avatar.
    - I don’t think Air Walker appear much at all outside of early comics.
    - Wish they use Frankie Ray’s Nova (no relations to Nova Corps)…but would share the first (even if it’s same company) and second.
    Even most adaptations (especially the series and Fantastic 4) tend to focus more on Silver Surfer with Fantastic 4 90’s cartoon having Frankie Ray.
    Dr. Doom is a Romani, at least more people being aware of his origin (assuming if going “faceless”, like using first person or obscuring his face on flashback)…also not sure if Prisoner of Xander/ Tin Tin style Balkans and Eastern Europe might be that relevant to generations more exposed to Eastern Promises, Brat Russian movie, and GTA 4. Also being associated with “mediocre” Fantastic Four and reviled F4 might not help.
    Moleman might share issue since people might connect him with Underminer from Incredibles…also not sure if there are good underground locale movies similiar to Jules Vernes lately.
    Annihilus, maybe save it for grand galactic conflict like Annihilation Wave.
    Last edited by t209; 2024-04-10 at 10:24 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3