Interesting, I seem to have a bit of egg on my face.

Me from another thread:
Quote Originally Posted by Provengreil View Post
You're right: they're rarely that simple. And sure enough, effectively getting Bloodfeast into the fray is not actually simple. The difficulty here is the set of conditions that they can actually get an allosaur in.

In order to reverse the baleful polymorph, you would need either break enchantment or greater dispel magic*. If you do this, you're kinda stuck with the logistics of having a full grown allosaur with you: not ideal for an otherwise unprepared party, doubly so in the arctic, and probably a part of why they haven't tried yet. Also, you'd need to roll high, given that the counterspell has to overcome a caster level check against a DC of 26 at the very least. This means that dispelling to pop him out in the middle of combat is a high risk maneuver as it can completely waste a turn and a 6th level spell slot**, and break enchantment also has a 1 minute casting time (10 turns) and as such isn't really a viable mid combat strategy, further limiting dino deployment options.
-snip-
*A standard dispel magic might work, but the odds are terrible even at the lowest DC the check might be. It all depends on how strong Miron actually is, and all we have to go on is that he could cast horrid wilting: minimum 15th level caster but could plausibly be higher.
As someone who constantly brings up that the world itself bends to storylines in these threads, I really should have known better than to rule something out based on rules probability.

That said, V has been extremely effective with their dispels over the comic: are they specced into this with a feat or two?